= Restricted resource
= Some full text
= OpenURL enabled
= Video files
= Audio files
- IIT Jodhpur Library licenses various electronic resources for teaching, research and private study of the IIT Jodhpur community.
- The library has signed institutional license agreements with several publishers and consortia to provide access to the scholarly material, for their fair use only.
- Can make limited print or electronic copies.
- Can use for teaching, research, discussion, and other academic purposes.
- Can send/post links.
- Can share limited content within the professional community.
- Cannot share resources with non-IIT Jodhpur community.
- Cannot do systematic/robotic or substantial downloading, copying, printing etc.
- Cannot sell/re-distribute the content to outside IITJ Academic Community.
- Cannot publish in other websites/blogs/forums.
- All users of such resources subscribed by IIT Jodhpur Library must adhere to the copyright laws of publishers and consortia.
- No copyrighted work may be copied, published, disseminated, displayed, performed, without obtaining prior permission from the copyright holder except in accordance with fair use or licensed agreement.
- This includes DVDs/CDs and other copyrighted material also.
- Any infringement will lead to termination of access to the electronic resources of IIT Jodhpur Library.
- Electronic resources subscribed by IIT Jodhpur are restricted to users of IIT Jodhpur by license agreement for the purposes of research, teaching, and private study.
- Using these resources for commercial purpose, systematic downloading, copying or distributing of information is strictly prohibited.
- In simple words, plagiarism is using and presenting someone else's ideas, work, writing, research etc. for their own purpose. It is an offense.
- It is advised to strictly avoid memplagiating any ideas, writings, data or others' creation by following certain good practices because some body must have put in lot of effort to present their ideas.
- Should you need to refer any such works in your publications or literary work, please acknowledge them properly through citation.
- Reference managers like Mendeley, Zotero can be used for reference management and citation.
- Protect your intellectual property publications, designs, and products through copyright, trademarks and patents.
Step 1: Point your browser to www.grammarly.com/edu ;
Step 2: Click on ‘Join Your Organization’ button, fill up the self-service form; please note that only your IITJ eMail ID is valid for registration, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: After clicking on signup, you will receive a verification email on your institutional email ID.
Please Note: Once your credentials are verified, an activation email will be sent to your institutional email ID and your registration is successful. Do check your spam folder in case the link is not received in your INBOX. Once registered successfully, you will land on the 'Grammarly Editor' upon login.
Contact us at email@example.com for any queries or technical issues.
Faculty Members, Students, and Staff Members of IIT Jodhpur, may please use the following form to request articles that are outside the Library collection of journal resources.
Communication of Scientific Information
Click here to access ACS Style Guide.
Turnitin is an online software tool to check the originality of a work and to prevent plagiarism. The tool offers a completely web-based service to manage the process of submitting and tracking papers electronically, providing better and faster feedback to the authors.
Why use an anti-plagiarism tool?
IIT Jodhpur Library provides Turnitin- an Anti-plagiarism software tool to:
1. To facilitate and encourage the quality of research,
2. To prevent authors from intentionally or unintentionally plagiarizing any work.
What are the benefits of this tool?
The following are the benefits of this tool:
1. It does not require any configuration, operating system or specific devices, to access the Turnitin;
2. It is compatible with any device and any operating system;
3. The access is provided through eMail credentials;
4. It preserves the original format of the research paper;
5. It quickly identifies sources of plagiarised material;
6. It supports for multiple file formats (MS Word, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF, and plain text);
7. It has bibliography and Quotation filters;
8. It encourages students to think about their referencing and citation skills;
9. When used as part of the development of academic writing skills, it helps prevent against accidental plagiarism;
10. It acts as a deterrent against plagiarism; and
11. It works as a real aid to marking by highlighting where students have referenced correctly and used the work of others well.
Who can use this facility?
The following Library members are entitled to use this service:
1. Currently registered students (through their respective Faculty Members or Library);
2. Faculty Members; and
3. Staff members
How to prevent plagiarism?
Please note the following points regarding plagiarism and its prevention.
1. Plagiarism is, using and presenting someone else’s ideas, work, writing, research etc. for their own purpose. It is an offense. It is advised to strictly avoid plagiarising any ideas, writings, data or others’ creation by following certain good practices because somebody must have put in a lot of effort to present their ideas.
2. If you need to refer and quote any such works in your publications or literary work, please acknowledge them by according proper citation in your work. Reference managers (like Mendeley and Zotero) can be used for reference management and citation.
3. It is advised to protect your intellectual property of publications, designs, and products through copyright, trademarks, and patents.
4. Please pass your research work through the anti-plagiarism software licensed by the Institute, before publishing.
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur Library has provided a remote access facility to the current Students, Faculty Members, and Staff Members to access the subscribed e-resources from an off-campus location through “RemoteXs” software service.
What is RemoteXs?
RemoteXs is a software service through which one can access the Library subscribed scholarly content from a location other than the IIT Jodhpur campuses. It provides users with a single window access to the digital assets of the Library from a remote location, anywhere, anytime all you need is a working Internet connection.
To facilitate and encourage the use of e-resources at the point of need & use, IIT Jodhpur Library provides an off- campus (remote) access to subscribed e-resources.
- Does not require any configuration, operating system or specific devices, to access the e-resources from off-campus.
- Compatible with any device and any operating system
- Access provided through LDAP credentials
- Browse and search facility to explore resources
Who can use the facility?
The following Library members are entitled to use this facility:
- Currently registered students,
- Faculty Members, and
- Staff members
How to log in?
To use this facility, please follow the steps below:
- Logon to the IIT Jodhpur Library Website (library.iitj.ac.in);
- Go to “Electronic Resources” tab;
- Click on “RemoteXs” or follow http://iitj.remotexs.in/user link;
- You can log-in with your LDAP credentials and accept the “Usage Policy” (please read the Usage Policy carefully);
- Now you are ready to browse your favourite resources.
Click here for WorldWideScience.org
Click here for